Friday, September 19, 2014

Social and Gender Inequality

 
Alexis Anderson
Professor Marie Drews
19 September 2014
Women Studies
 
            I do see a lot of social and gender inequality in where I live. The social inequality I see is that the local government is taking money from elderly black men and women which they lives on. I also see where I live the government is neglecting to fix up housing complexes in where I live. In the area where I live I see that there are a lot of more white people getting jobs in the stores that I shop in, instead of the jobs being evenly distributed out amount every one and not just the white people in our society. In the project housing complexes where a majority of black people lives the local government does not bother to cut the grass around the complexes. The police officers are not as helpful when there is a problem around the housing complexes. There is also gender inequality that I see. I see that in banks and places men hold the higher job positions than women. Women are treated lesser than men are in my community. The men holds more power where I live and they make more decisions about what goes on in our community. I think in order to fix these problems we need to start pressing the issues on the matters at hand. We as a whole in my community needs to make sure that everyone is being treated fairly.  My community need to make sure that the elderly black men and women are their fair share of to survive off of. The local government need to make sure that housing complexes are being fix and maintain around the houses because those humans and the community should care about their safety. Also the police should take approach of being willing to help someone of color. These are issues that need to be fix in order to better our society.


No comments:

Post a Comment